Do salt lamps have to be turned on to work?
- -No they don’t, but they will emit more negative ions if turned on and negative ions are used for clearing your space.
What are the benefits of Himalayan salt lamps?
- -They clean the air through their emission of natural negative ions and since Himalayan salt is a hygroscopic substance, it’s a great natural air cleaning option for light allergy and asthma relief.
- -It’s a wonderful mood setting light. It gives your sacred space a calming glow.
How do you clean a salt lamp?
- -Salt lamps should never be sprayed with water. Dusting the surface with a light cloth or brush is sufficient.
What makes my salt lamp shed salt?
- -When there is little moisture left in the air for the salt lamp to draw moisture from, the residue left on the surface of the lamp can be chalky or flaky. To remove the excess salt, you can wipe the lamp with a cloth and leave the light on to dry out the excess moisture. Placing a paper towel or cloth under the lamp will help to protect your furniture.